I write concerning your recent article entitled “Criticism of Cash Financing – MEPs Call for Homeopathy Reform” (https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/homoeopathie-krankenkasse-finanzierung-reform-100.html ) by journalist Nils Metzger and published online on 21
January 2022 concerning the medicine Homeopathy. I agree there should be an end to cash funding of pseudo-medicine, but only provided MEPs can differentiate between pseudo-medicine and the scientific medicine known as traditional Classical Homeopathy. In this regard I would like to clarify your serious misconceptions about Classical Homeopathy with the following information.
Firstly, I draw your attention to the fact that so many writers, journalists and other assorted critics of Homeopathy are not inclined to garner accurate scientific knowledge about genuine Homeopathy, and it is clear from their published works that they only spend a few minutes to surf the internet, chat with a couple of fellow sceptics before hacking out a summary of what they believe covers the ‘story’. This modus operandi might indeed work for mainstream subjects, but it fails miserably when it comes to understanding the rigorous scientific discussions and high standard of research in relation to traditional Classical Homeopathy.
Secondly it is well known there are senseless and strange ideas in alternative and complementary medicines – pseudo-medicine as Metzger calls it – but I must stress that those foolhardy theories and practices ascribed to what is deemed ‘homeopathy’ must not be confused with the effective alternative medicine known as traditional Classical Homeopathy as promulgated by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann. Therefore, I urge you to read Professor George Vithoulkas’ Article published in 2008, “British media attack on Homeopathy: Are they justified?” Here Professor Vithoulkas severely condemns, like Metzger, the so-called “new ideas” and pseudo-medicines believed to be homeopathy and which moreover bear no relation to the stringent principles, scientific theory and exacting practice of traditional Classical Homeopathy (https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/html/10.1016/j.homp.2008.02.004 ).
Unfortunately, Metzger’ s article incorrectly associates such pseudo-medicines with Classical Homeopathy, and I must stress that these foolhardy theories and practices have nothing whatsoever to do with Classical Homeopathy.
Throughout Metzger’s article there is a repeated lack of understanding regarding the fact that traditional Hahnemannian Classical Homeopathy is a scientifically proven ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. It is therefore important to separate Classical Homeopathy from the other categories of alternative and complementary medicines, especially therapies that are not medicine at all – this was exactly the content of the speech of Professor George Vithoulkas at the Council of Europe (see details below):
“In May 1998, the Social, Health and Family Affairs Committee heard Mr Vithoulkas, a homeopath who has been awarded the Alternative Nobel Prize, and who identifies three separate categories: firstly, alternative medicine, which includes homeopathy and acupuncture; secondly, complementary medicine, which includes osteopathy, chiropractic, herbal medicine, Homeopathic Physicians naturopathy and so on; and a third, paramedical, category comprising techniques such as music therapy and meditation which bear no relation to medicine proper.” – COUNCIL OF EUROPE/ Parliamentary Assembly, Doc. 8435 / 11 June 1999, A European approach to non-conventional medicines, Report: Social, Health and Family Affairs Committee,
Rapporteur: Ms Lara Ragnarsdóttir, Iceland, European Democratic Group
Homeopathy does work and is indeed a “gentle alternative” to regular medication –especially when it is practised correctly. Contrary to Metzger’s assertion, there are plenty of scientifically proven effects beyond the placebo effect. The curative effects after correctly prescribed homeopathic medicines are plain to see, and there is plenty of clinical research proving that Classical Homeopathy is an evidence-based healing method. May I request you take time to read a few scientific papers displaying impressive cured cases with Classical Homeopathy, for example:
- In 2017 fourteen patients with vitiligo were successfully treated with individualized Homeopathy; the best results were achieved in the patients who were treated in the early stages of the disease: https://www.amjcaserep.com/abstract/index/idArt/905340
- Here is a case report of cured embryonal cancer with immature teratoma, published in 2018: https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/481819
- Two cases of postoperative sore throat were effectively treated in 2017 with the homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana: http://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/hbdbyJAjF3v37WZEIP5Y/full
- In 2021 we see the efficacy of individualized homeopathic medicines in plantar fasciitis in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34492725/
- Another case report in 2017 shows the successful homeopathic treatment for prolonged postoperative coma: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5467251/
- In 2016 we have a case report of postpartum depression successfully treated with homeopathy: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2156587216682168?rfr_dat=cr _pub%3Dpubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-+2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org
- A study of ten dengue cases in 2018 emphasises the importance of individualised treatment during an epidemic for favourable results with homeopathy. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5909950/
- in 2018 we published three cases of cardiac arrest at different stages of pathology https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050313X18792813
- A successful case study of five female infertility cases in 2014 in a large Obstetrics/Gynaecology Hospital in Athens, Greece: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24779242/
- In 2019 we published Psoriasis cases of same diagnosis but different phenotypes—Management through individualized homeopathic therapy https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ccr3.2197
11. In 2020, research published showing homeopathic treatment as an add-on therapy may improve quality of life AND prolong survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer – a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, three-arm, multicentre Study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33010094/
Further, you will find in this link hundreds of cases cured with Classical Homeopathy: https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/clinical-cases
Also note that a significant number of credible and positive experimental studies on Homeopathy at molecular, cellular and clinical levels which have been published in peer review medical and scientific Journals are presented below for the serious researcher. The research papers are categorised into three groups which you may view separately using the hyperlinks (in brackets): Human Studies, Animal Studies, Plant Studies, Science Related and In Vitro Studies (Human Cells). These papers have been rigorously researched and produced by medical scientists, and have been approved and published in internationally-recognised, highly-respected Journals or other approved scientific sources of research material: http://www.vithoulkas.com/research/positive-articles
I consider it advantageous for you and Nils Metzger to view the recent Swiss Report about Homeopathy: http://www.springer.com/la/book/9783642206375
I am also including these useful links from the World Health Organisation (WHO) about
Homeopathy for your perusal:
May I now respectfully draw your attention to the fact that Professor George Vithoulkas was awarded with the Right Livelihood Award (Alternative Nobel Prize) in 1996, “for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homeopathic knowledge and the training of homeopaths to the highest standards.” http://www.rightlivelihoodaward.org/laureates/george-vithoulkas/
I consider it my mutual moral duty to support and defend the Human Rights of people which include the innate desire of patients to choose the therapeutic modality they feel is better for themselves. An important issue of democracy, as a burgeoning number of politicians now realise, is respect for the patient, and improvement of quality of life for humanity.
I thank you and trust you have taken the time to carefully read all the foregoing and that you now understand that thousands of effective treatments with traditional Classical Homeopathy all over the world for centuries is far more than just pseudo-medicine. Classical Homeopathy is not a pseudo-medicine: it works well and the health benefits from Classical Homeopathy are seen on a daily basis in patients of all ages. Therefore, I conclude that your article “Criticism of Cash Financing – MEPs Call for Homeopathy Reform” by journalist Nils Metzger is poorly researched, biased to the point of ignorance, and not the quality of article one should encounter in ZDF political news.
If you should need further clarification about how Classical Homeopathy is a clear commitment to medicine and science, I am at your disposal to send you additional details about the magnificent work being done at present around the world by authentic Classical Homeopaths.
Dr Tamara Kozymenko PhD
Professor of Kiev Medical University,
Diploma Holder of IACH
President of the Union for Diplomate Homeopathic Physicians
Published at www.vithoulkas.com
We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.