Prematurely assigning blame for attack on Saudi oil facilities is irresponsible, says China
16 Sep, 2019
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying urged against jumping to conclusions over the attack, which hit the world’s biggest oil-processing facility, stressing that a needless escalation in the region should be avoided.
“Pondering who is to blame in the absence of a conclusive investigation, I think, is in itself not very responsible. China’s position is that we oppose any moves that expand or intensify conflict,” Hua said on Monday during a press briefing.
She implored all parties concerned to “restrain themselves” in order to “safeguard peace and stability” in the Middle East
Read more at https://www.rt.com/news/468914-china-saudi-oil-attack-facts/
Kremlin warns against ‘hasty conclusions’ over attacks in Saudi Arabia
September 16, 2019
Russia on Monday urged countries in the Middle East and outside the region not to draw “hasty conclusions” on who staged the attacks on Saudi oil facilities.
A senior U.S. official said earlier that evidence from the attack, which hit the world’s biggest oil-processing facility, indicated Iran was behind it, instead of the Yemeni Houthi group that had claimed responsibility.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday the United States was “locked and loaded” for a potential response to the attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities.
Read more at https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-aramco-russia-kremlin/kremlin-warns-against-hasty-conclusions-over-attacks-in-saudi-arabia-idUSKBN1W11CO