Iran submits revised 14-point ceasefire proposal to US via Pakistan
By Al Mayadeen English | Source: Tasnim News Agency | 18 May 2026
Iran has revised and resubmitted a 14-point ceasefire proposal to the US via Pakistan, focusing on ending the war and confidence-building measures.
- Iran has submitted on Monday a revised 14-point proposal to end the ongoing war to the United States through the Pakistani mediator, following Washington’s response to an earlier Iranian plan, according to Tasnim News Agency.
Citing a source close to the negotiating team, the Iranian agency Tasnim reported that Tehran handed the new proposal to the Pakistani intermediary, who is expected to forward it to US officials.
Meanwhile, a Pakistani source told Reuters, “We don’t have much time,” when asked if it would take time to close the gaps between Washington and Tehran, claiming that both countries “keep changing their goalposts.”
The source added that the US recently sent a reply to Iran’s previous 14-point text, prompting Tehran to reformulate its proposal with certain amendments. The revised plan, still made up of 14 points, was then resubmitted to the Pakistani mediator for delivery to Washington.
Iranian text focused on ending war, confidence-building
According to Tasnim, the new Iranian text focuses on ending the war and confidence-building measures demanded from the American side.
On Sunday, another Iranian agency, Fars, citing informed sources, detailed the US response to Iran’s original ceasefire proposal. Washington reportedly attached five key conditions related to Iran’s nuclear program, the payment of compensation to Tehran for aggression, and the release of frozen Iranian assets.
Fars’ sources said the United States rejected any payment of compensation to Iran for damages resulting from the aggression.
In a second condition, Washington refused to release even 25% of Iran’s frozen assets. As a third condition, the US linked a halt to hostilities on all fronts to the launch of negotiations.
The fourth US condition demands that Iran remove and hand over 400 kilograms of high-enriched uranium to the United States. A fifth condition requires that only one nuclear facility remain active on Iranian soil.
For its part, Tehran insists on five core confidence-building conditions: an end to the war on all fronts, particularly in Lebanon; the lifting of sanctions on the country; the unfreezing of Iranian funds; war reparations; and recognition of Iran’s sovereign right over the Strait of Hormuz.
US accepted temporary sanctions waiver
Continue reading at : english.almayadeen.net/news/
_______________________________________________________________________
Clock Is Ticking’: Trump Again Threatens To Restart Bombing Campaign Against Iran
by Dave DeCamp | news.antiwar.com | May 17, 2026
President Trump on Sunday repeated his threat to restart the bombing campaign against Iran if the country doesn’t accept his demands for a deal.
The president told Axios reporter Barak Ravid that the “clock is ticking” and that if a deal isn’t reached soon, the Islamic Republic is “going to get hit much harder,” a threat he reiterated in a post on Truth Social.
“For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!” the president wrote.

Trump also discussed the situation with Iran during a phone call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who convened a meeting of his security cabinet afterward. Netanyahu and other Israeli officials have been clear that they’re eager to restart the full-scale bombing campaign.
Two US officials told Axios that Trump is expected to convene a meeting of his top officials on Tuesday to discuss potential military options against Iran. The report said he discussed the situation on Saturday with Vice President JD Vance, CIA Director John Ratcliffe, and his Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff at his golf club in Virginia.
US officials have previously suggested to Axios that Trump would order strikes on Iran if a deal wasn’t reached after his trip to China, which ended on Friday. The US president claims he wants a deal with Tehran, but has rejected Iran’s latest proposal for an agreement as “a piece of garbage.”
In the meantime, the US continues to enforce a blockade on Iran, and tensions remain very high in the region. The UAE reported a drone attack on Sunday that it said sparked a fire at its sole nuclear power plant.
Read also: Araghchi: Iran is ready for both Diplomacy and Total War
We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.

