Welcome to Online Course: VENEZUELA IN STRUGGLE: COLONIAL PAST, REVOLUTIONARY LEGACY AND COMMUNAL REGENERATION (Series 2).
Session #17: THE LONG MARCH TOWARDS THE COMMUNAL SOCIETY: IMAGES OF THE PRESENT
Global University for Sustainability
Simon Bolivar Institute
ALBA Movements (Venezuela)
Centre for Cultural Research and Development, Lingnan University
ALBA TV Network
Asian Regional Exchange for New Alternatives
Green Ground Eco-tech Centre (China)
Date: 24 March 2021 (Wednesday)
Time: Caracas 09:00-12:00; Hong Kong 21:00-24:00
Languages: Spanish, English, and Mandarin (Putonghua)
Please register here: https://lingnan.zoom.us/
YouTube: In English: https://www.youtube.
THE LONG MARCH TOWARDS THE COMMUNAL SOCIETY: IMAGES OF THE PRESENT
A journey through reflections and actions collected on video. Interviews, workdays, community activities, and collective routines show the realization of the communal society in Venezuela today.
With comments by Pablo Kunich and Hernán Vargas.
The special intervention of the deputy to the National Assembly Rigel Sergent on the current perspectives of the national agenda for the popular power: communal cities organic act project and bicentennial congress for the peoples
1) Recap of main categories worked by Prof Iraida Vargas and Prof Mario Sanoja
Hernán Vargas (15 min)
2) A walk through the daily work of some Venezuelan communes
A montage of images narrated by Pablo Kunich (20 min)
3) The experience of the Commune El Panal 2021
Video montage (30 min)
4) Reflections from some key spokespersons of the communes in Venezuela
Interview-videos with Ángel Prado and Robert Longa 30 min
5) Comments and reflections on the main contradictions and challenges of the communes today
Pablo Kunich and Hernán Vargas (30 min)
6) National agenda of the communes 2021: communal cities bill and bicentennial congress of the peoples
Rigel Sergent (30 min)
Reference for interpretation: https://venezuelanalysis.com/
Q&A (30 min)