Feb 13, 2021
The Trump administration intensified illegal U.S sanctions against Cuba, Venezuela and Nicaragua in the last 4 years with the aim of forcing ‘regime change’ – deeply damaging their respective economies and societies, including efforts to deal with the Coronavirus pandemic.
With Joe Biden now in the White House, now is the time to call for constructive engagement and an end to sanctions which harm the people of these Latin American and Caribbean nations.
With leading speakers from Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Europe.
Hosted by the Cuba Solidarity Campaign, Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign Action Group and Venezuela Solidarity Campaign
• Her Excellency Bárbara Elena Montalvo Álvarez, Cuban Ambassador to the United Kingdom
• Carlos Ron, President of the Simon Bolivar Institute for Peace and Solidarity Among Peoples, Venezuela
• Maite Mola, Vice President, Party of the European Left
• Manu Pineda, Spanish United Left MEP
• Coleen Littlejohn, Sanctions Killl campaign. Based in Nicaragua for 41 years.
Chair: Christine Blower, Labour member of the House of Lords and former General Secretary of the National Union of Teachers