‘What happened tonight was historic’: Bob Woodward says Jan. 6 committee ‘has it cold’
By Bob Brigham
Legendary journalist Robert Woodward said that the case was made against Donald Trump by the House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Woodward was interviewed by CNN’s Anderson Cooper following the select committee’s first prime-time hearing.
“Was there anything really new tonight? For minds that are already made up, was there anything new that would convince people to look at this in a new light?” Cooper asked.
Continue reading at www.msn.com
Jan. 6 Hearing to Detail ‘Flagrant Assault on American Democracy’
By Jessica Corbett
June 9, 2022
The U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol plans to hold its first of six public hearings at 8:00 pm ET on Thursday—a event that will be livestreamed on the panel’s YouTube channel and aired by most major television networks.
“The committee will present previously unseen material documenting January 6th, receive witness testimony, and provide the American people an initial summary of its findings about the coordinated, multi-step effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and prevent the transfer of power,” the panel said. “The committee will also preview additional hearings.”
Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-Md.)—who is on the nine-member panel, which includes two Republicans—said earlier this week that they have “found evidence of concerted planning and premeditated activity,” adding that “the idea that all of this was just a rowdy demonstration that spontaneously got a little bit out of control is absurd.”
Continue reading at www.commondreams.org
As January 6 Select Committee prepares public hearings, Trump and his accomplices walk free
The House Select Committee charged with investigating the January 6, 2021 coup attempt by former President Donald Trump will begin holding a series of six public hearings starting Thursday. The hearings are being conducted 17 months after Trump and his Republican allies led a fascistic assault on Congress aimed at blocking certification of the 2020 election results and overturning the Constitution.
Last week, the Justice Department announced that it would not seek charges against Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff and a leading architect of the coup plot, as well as Dan Scavino, Trump’s former deputy chief of staff. Then on Monday, Enrique Tarrio, the former chairman of the Proud Boys, and four other members of the far-right group were indicted on charges of seditious conspiracy.
Continue reading at www.wsws.org
We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.